NATIONAL PARK SERVICE, NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
APPLICATION FOR A PERMIT TO CONDUCT A DEMONSTRATION OR
SPECIAL EVENT IN PARK AREAS AND APPLICATION FOR A WAIVER
OF NUMERICAL LIMITATIONS ON DEMONSTRATIONS FOR
WHITE HOUSE SIDEWALK* AND/OR LAFAYETTE PARK
December 21, 1994
Date of this application
1. Individual and/or organization sponsor(s):
2. This is an application for a permit to conduct a
SPECIAL EVENT _____
(For definitions, see instructions.)
3. This is an application for a WAIVER OF THE NUMERICAL LIMITATIONS on certain demonstrations. Yes___ No _X_(A waiver is required if it is expected that a demonstration on the White House Sidewalk */will include more than 750 participants or that a demonstration in Lafayette Park will include more than 3000 participants.)
4. Date of proposed activity: From 12-16-95 to 12-23-95
Time: Begin 00:01(a.m.) Terminate: 24:00 (p.m.)
5. Location(s) of proposed activity. (Include assembly and dispersal areas.)
6. Purpose of porposed activity.
7. Estimated maximum number of participants. (If more than one park area is to be used, list numbers separately for each area.ONE
8. Will cleanup people be provided for the area? _XX_ yes ____ no
How will they be identified?
9. Person(s) in charge of activity. (One person must be listed as in charge of the activity. If different individuals are to be in charge of various activities at different locations, each must be listed.)
Person in charge Concepcion Picciotto
Address P.O. Box 4931, Washington, D.C. 20009
Telephone Nos. (Include Area Code)
10. Plans for proposed activity. (Include a list of all principal speakers and the complete time schedule for the activity. Include proposed route of any march or parade, and plans for the orderly termination and dispersal of the proposed activity which might affect the regular flow of city traffic.)
Concepcion will demonstrate individual responsibility & moral committment to our belief that, in a world of competing notions of reality, wise people must determine survival necessities on a priority schedule; the first order of business must be the one thing that can terminate us all; nuclear holocaust. She will symbolize this concept by sacrificing her own pleasure and comfort to maintain a continuous, 24-hour presence, and survive WITHOUT living accommodations. Concepcion's "presence" will be "continuous" excepting she will leave the Park area to wash, launder clothes, prepare food, store personal property, and perform all eliminatory and other biological bodily function. None of the aforesaid functions will be performed in the Park. She may engage in short-term, intermittent sleep during the course of her presence, but only as nature demands.
11.(a) List all props, stages, sound equipment, and other items to be provided by applicant/sponsor. (Including approximate number and size(s) of supports, standards, and handles; necessary medical/sanitary facilities and other similar items.)
2 signs; 2 flags; blankets as necessary to survive the weather; literature; literature trays; pencils, pens, writing and editing materials; thumb tacks; photographs, books; camera; tape recoreder; radio; umbrellas (2); thermoses; 1 water jug; broom; "peace rocks"; and "peace buttons" for distribution to the public; no more food than might reasonably be consumed during a 24-hour period, and a bicycle, for rapid transportation to and from living accommodations, in deference to the 3 foot attendence regulation.
12. (a) So you have any reason to believe or any information indicating that any individual, group, or organization might seek to disrupt the activity for which this application is submitted? YES
Washington TIMES (and/orr the Unification Church), 3600 New York Avenue NE, Washington, D.C. Upon information published and from personal experience I believe this publication will place my appearence above the substance of my communication, and attempt to disrupt my activities by labeling my message "anti-American," because of ideological opposition to the substance of my message.
Young Americans for Freedom, national headquarters in Wilmington, Delaware, precise local address currently unknown. Upon personal experience I have reason to believe members of this organization may resort to actual physical violence against me because of ideological opposition to the substance of my message.
13. Marshals: (a) Will applicant/sponsor furnish marshals? (Required for waivers of numerical limitations and for demonstration activities held simultaneously on White House sidewalk and Lafayette Park.) Yes___ No_X_ If YES how many marshals will be furnished?