UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
Memorandum in Support of Motion
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
William Thomas, et. al. |
Plaintiffs pro se, |
v. | C.A. No. 95-1018
| Judge Charles R. Richey
The United States, et. al. |
MEMORANDUM OF POINTS AND AUTHORITIES IN SUPPORT OF
MOTION TO EXTEND TIME TO RESPOND TO THE COMPLAINT
- The inherent powers of the court.
- Fed. R. Civ. P. Rule 6.
- After a briefinq schedule was set by this court, the
court entered an order in another, unrelated case (Fraternal
Order of Police) settinq an oral hearing for June 14, 1995, the
same day this brief is due.
- This court has also set a June 19, 1995 due date--for
counsel for the defendant's reply to the police union's challenge
of wage reductions.
- A substantial amount of counsel's time has been consumed
in preparation for this hearing.
- Counsel is also preparing a separate opposition brief for
Am. Fed'n of Gov't Employees, AFL-CTO, et al., v. D.C. (CA No.
951934), now due on June 16, 1995.
- The U.S. Attorney has consented to this motion.
- Although defendant has not be able to contact the
plaintiff, the accompanying order provides the plaintiff with a
similar extension of time.
BRUCE BRENNAN, 
Assistant Corporation Counsel, D.C.
Attorney for Defendants
441 4th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20001