USA v. Thomas, Sept. 16, 1982-Transript
Criminal Nos. 82-0329M-01
TRANSCRIPT, page 88: Wolz:
1. Q. a hundred feet from where Mr. Thomas was sleeping?
2. A. As I stated earlier, I do not recall seeing Mary out
3. there at that time of the evening.
4. Q. Did you look for her?
5. A. Yes, Sir. I looked for people that were in the area
6. of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue from East Executive Avenue
7. to West Executive Avenue.
8. Q. Now, other than sleeping on the morning that you
9. arrested Mr. Thomas, was he doing anything that you
10. hadn't observed him doing the rest of the time you had seen him?
11. A. What are you referring to, Sir?
12. Q. Well, what was he doing? What was he doing differently
13. the night that you arrested him that he had not been
14. doing or had been doing for the year preceding his arrest?
15. A. Okay. To try to answer your question, okay, the CFR,
16. this camping regulation was revised, I believe, in the
17. early part of June. As far as Mr. Thomas's past records
18. or that I have seen from his criminal record, as far as
19. that goes, Mr. Thomas-there for awhile we were
20. insrtucted to arrest people in front of the White House
21. for unlawful entry and I think trespassing and a couple
22. of other charges. But I know Mr. Thomas was at least
23. arrested on one occasion for those charges.
24. Mr. Thomas had basically been doing the same thing
25. for, like I say, approximately a year. Basically he
USDC 82-0329M, USA v. Thomas, Sept. 16, 1982