MARY HUDDLE, et al., Plaintiffs, v. Civil Action No. 88-3130 JHG RONALD WILSON REAGAN, et al., Defendants.
I, Ellen Thomas, hereby declare under penalty of perjury that the following is true and correct:
1. The manner in which Mr. Martinez questioned my religious beliefs in footnote 3 tested my patience.
2. I do not know by what reason he felt justified in assuming my beliefs were "newly-found," but it seemed that he was trying to imply I was being dishonest.
3. I know why I'm where I am, what I have been going through, and my reasons for enduring it.
4. I hate going to jail, do not enjoy being in an adversarial position with the Park Police or anyone else, and often would rather be almost anywhere other than Peace Park -- but I am convinced that to leave my post would be to commit spiritual suicide.
5. Some of these thoughts I've committed to paper over the past 11 years (see, Exhibits, filed January 17, 1989), but if any questions remain in the Court's mind, I am willing to address them personally.
Under penalty of perjury,
1440 N Street,N.W.Apt. 410
Washington, D.C. 20005