MARY HUDDLE and PHILIP JOSEPH, et. al., ) ) Plaintiffs, Pro Se ) ) CA 88-3130-JHG versus ) ) Judge Joyce Hens Green RONALD WILSON REAGAN, et. al., ) ________________________________________)
I, David Reiser, hereby declare under penalty of perjury, pursuant to 28 U.S.C. 1746, that the following is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and recollection:
1. I am a member of the bar, inter alia, of this Court, the District of Columbia Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
2. I am employed as a trial attorney with the Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia.
3. On August 15, 1990 I called the Criminal Section of the Office of the Clerk for the United States District Court to determine whether Concepcion Picciotto was scheduled for an arraignment on a citation.
4. I was told no.
5. I then called June Thomas (514-7736), who is in the Narcotics Section of the US Attorney's Office because her name and office are listed on the appearance ticket.
6. Ms. Thomas referred me to Jeanette Criswell, a paralegal in the Transnational Section of the USAO.
7. I then called Ms. Criswell (514-7551), who explained that the officer involved in this case had not appeared to paper the case, and that it would be dismissed.
8. She called June Thomas, who apparently actually handles the paperwork, and told me that Ms. Thomas had not yet done so, but would be bringing the paperwork dismissing the case over this afternoon.
Public Defender Service