USDC Cr. No. 84-3552
THOMAS v. REAGAN
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
WILLIAM THOMAS, et al
Plaintiff Pro Se
versus CA 84-3552
Judge Louis Oberdorfer
UNITED STATES, et al
DECLARATION OF ROBERT DORROUGH RE
MARCH 14, 1987
I, Robert Dorrough, declare under penalty of perjury that the
following is accurate and correct to the best of my knowledge:
1. On March 14, 1987, at about 7:15 p.m. I observed U.S. Park
Police officer Rolla, and Sgt. Moyer standing in the center panel
on the south side of Lafayette Park, behind Concepcion's signs.
2. At about 7:30 Sgt. Moyer came around my signs and asked
me whether I knew the owner of a gym bag which had been placed on
the curb behind my sign.
3. I replied in the negative, but informed Sgt. Moyer that I
was sure it belonged to someone in the immediate area, and that I
could locate that person.
4. "Okay." He said, picked up the bag, and walked away with
5. While I was repeating my offer to locate the owner, and
asking Sgt. Moyers not to take the bag, Scott Galindez approached
us and claimed the bag.
6. Sgt. Moyers' response to Mr. Galindez was: "it is
abandoned property. I'm taking it. You can pick it up Monday."
7. He took Scott's name and then took my name.
8. When I told Sgt. Moyers that he should not take people's
property without due process, he said that he was doing it for
amusement, and that he did it because he enjoyed it.
Sworn to this ____ day of March, 1987
Case Listing --- Proposition One ---- Peace Park