USDC Cr. No. 84-3552
THOMAS v. REAGAN
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
WILLIAM THOMAS, et al
Plaintiff Pro Se
versus CA 84-3552
Judge Louis Oberdorfer
UNITED STATES, et al
DECLARATION OF ROBERT DORROUGH RE
MARCH 18, 1987
I, Robert Dorrough, declare under penalty of perjury that the
following is accurate and correct to the best of my knowledge:
1. On March 18, 1987, at about 10:35 pm I observed U.S.
Park Police officer Cohen walking east on the north side of
Pennsylvania Avenue, on the sidewalk bordering Lafayette Park.
2. She was rousting the demonstrators by going from site to
site asking the question: "Are you awake?"
3. When she got to me I asked her for the time.
4. I also asked why she was rousting the demonstrators.
5. "We were instructed. They're cracking down." She
6. I asked whether Lt. Irwin had instructed her. She said
the the orders were "coming from much higher than that."
7. I asked whether Richard Robbins or Patricia Bangert had
instructed her. "They don't talk to privates." She informed me.
8. "Then who instructed you to keep people awake.
9. "All the sergeants and all the lieutenants."
10. "But who specifically." I pressed.
11. "I forget." She said. Then she asked that I just make
her job easier and not sleep so that she wouldn't have to wake me
Sworn to this ____ day of March, 1987
Case Listing --- Proposition One ---- Peace Park