USDC Cr. No. 84-3552
THOMAS v. REAGAN
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
WILLIAM THOMAS, et al
Plaintiff Pro Se
versus CA 84-3552
Judge Louis Oberdorfer
UNITED STATES, et al
DECLARATION OF ROBERT DORROUGH RE
MARCH 22, 1987
I, Robert Dorrough, declare under penalty of perjury that the
following is accurate and correct to the best of my knowledge:
1. At, or about 12:33 a.m. on March 21, 1987 U.S. Park Police
officer Burrett asked me if I was alive.
2. I responded affirmatively, and heard his radio say zero 33
3. Later officer Burnett again came over and asked if I was
still alive. I responded affirmatively and heard his radio say
4. At about 6:15 am Officer Doerrler stood over me and
pronounced that it was morning and time for me to get up.
5. I got up, and looked around for someone to come by so that
I could communicate my grievance and have them sign my petition.
6. At approximately 10:30 pm i observed officer Covington
systematically go to each demonstration site and roust the
demonstrators, asking everyone: "Are you alright?"
7. At about 12:03 am on March 22, 1987 officer Covington
jerked off the blanket with which I had covered my head and asked
"Hey, buddy you alright?"
8. "Just fine." I responded
9. At about 1:35 am on March 22, 1987 I again heard officer
Covington rousting the other demonstrators. Dr. James Evans came
over to me and forewarned me of the encounter. Pulling the blanket
from my head officer Covington leaned down and loudly asked: "Hey
buddy, you alright?"
10. Again at about 3:13 am officer Covington returned to
repeat the same procedure.
11. At about 6:20 am I was rousted by officer Deriso.
12. At about 7:30 am officer Deriso presented me with a
ticket for "camping."
Sworn to this ____ day of March, 1987
Case Listing --- Proposition One ---- Peace Park